I LOVE holidays! Big holidays, weird holidays, any kind of holiday! Yesterday was Groundhog Day. I never remember the significance of seeing the shadow or not. I simply can’t keep it straight. But we celebrate anyway! What is a holiday without some special food? Yesterday I had a whole crew of helplers making this cute little treat.
Then we rounded out the day watching Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. Hilarious! Annoying so we only watch once a year but we sure do enjoy it . We missed watching it last year and I think it was even funnier this year! Here are some of my favorite lines:
- This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.
- This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat.
- Psychiatrist: That’s an unusual problem, Mr. Connors. Uh, Most of my work is with couples, families. I have an alcoholic now. Phil: Well you went to college, right? I mean, it wasn’t veterinary psychology, was it? Didn’t you take some kind of course that covered this stuff? Psychiatrist: Yeah, sort of, I guess. Uh, abnormal psychology. Phil: So, what do I do? Psychiatrist: I think we should meet again. How’s tomorrow for you?[Phil begins punching himself in the head through pillow] Psychiatrist: Is that not good?
- Phil: Do you ever have d?jà vu, Mrs. Lancaster?
Mrs. Lancaster: I don’t think so, but I could check with the kitchen.
- Phil: Isn’t there any hot water?
Mrs. Lancaster: No, there wouldn’t be today.
Phil: No, of course not…
- Phil: It’s the same things your whole life. “Clean up your room!”, “Stand up straight!”, “Pick up your feet!”, “Take it like a man!”, “Be nice to your sister!”, “Don’t mix beer and wine, ever!”. Oh yeah — “Don’t drive on the railroad tracks!”
Gus: Eh, Phil… That’s one I happen to agree with.
- Piano Teacher: Not bad… Mr. Connors, you say this is your first lesson?
Phil: Yes, but my father was a piano mover, so…
- [Phil drives a truck off a cliff] He might be ok. [explosion] Well, no, probably not now.
- If you’re gonna eat steak, get some sharper teeth, alright?
And now for the one we use all year long:
- Watch out for that first step – it’s a doozie